Wednesday, August 27, 2008

somewhere


When I was little, I read about the Bloomsbury Group and ever since then, I wanted something like that. A group of writers, painters, musicians, a group of creative people that would get together every now and then, hang out, talk, and discuss what was going on.

I think that is why I became so fascinated with The Factory as well even though I am not a fan of Andy Warhol.

Just a simple place where the group could go whenever they want, they could just talk and relax, they could play music, they could paint. They could just be themselves.

5 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I have been yearning for the same type of connection. I tried to contact some random people around town that I found through Etsy, but we have yet to get together to discuss how to get other people involved or interested in starting a group.

Maybe they think I'm a creep and don't want to play with me :( haha

JanelleGrace said...

Yeah... It's hard just to go up to random people without being creepy nowadays.

please sir said...

That sounds great...in some ways blogs work like that, but I guess not so personal. Yeah it is hard to just meet people unless you are introduced. Maybe coffee shops would be a good place for this? Makes me miss being in art studio.

JanelleGrace said...

Yeah, I want something personal. Blogs are a nice substitute.

abby try again said...

Ah yes, what a lovely dream :)
I feel like after four years here in Portland, I am starting to get a little hint of this going on. Maybe more soon? Thanks for the nice post.